Curarium help and navigation
- Main Menu: Contains links to sign in, browse and explore collections, and view spotlights.
- Blurb: Important information about Curarium.
- Main Gallery: shows a random selection of material within Curarium.
- Sub Menu: displays active collection and sorting/filtering options
- Collections Gallery: displays all collections within curarium.
- Takes you to the Collection about page.
- Takes you to the Collection explore page.
- Creates a new Collection
COLLECTION ABOUT PAGE
- Collection title
- Collection description
- Recently viewed objects from the collection
- Collection news feed
- Collection links, including:
- Explore the collection
- Zoomed in Object Map (mousewheel)
- Zoomed out Object Map (mousewheel)
- Pan left (hover & click)
- Choose Visualization mode
- Choose property to visualize
- Update Visualization
- Select a property to filter records by.
- Select a specific value to include or exclude from the filtering.
- Include or Exclude the value
- Save the current visualization to a tray
- Save the current visualized records to a tray
Shown here are all the names values present throughout the collection, sorted from the most common (“Jesus Christ”, 5,316 appearances) to the most rare (many names having only 1 appearance).
- Visualization Type: Treemap
- Visualization Type: names
- Filters: none
- Record image
- Record metadata (non-editable)
- Link to object page, featuring: high resolution, zoomable and pannable image, metadata edditing and record annotation.
- Close pop-up
- Parsed Information (information made available in Curarium)
- Record Surrogates
- Add record to tray
- Annotate record (requires signing in)
- Record image: zoomable and pannable
- Frame showing a portion of the image that has been annotated.
- List of fields made available in Curarium, each can have a number of values.
- Click to expand field and view its values.
- Original values are shown with a red outline. Deleted original values are stroked through. Added values are shown in gray.
- Values can be added or deleted, and existing values edited. (requires signing in)
- Changes in the record won’t be permanent until they are saved.
- List of available surrogate images.
- Clicking in a surrogate brings it up in the record display space.
ADD RECORD TO A TRAY
- Clicking in a given tray ‘add’ button will add the record to it. All surrogates and annotations will be available.
- Alternatively, type in the name of a new tray and then click add to create that tray and add the record to it.
- Double click the record image to start selecting a piece of the image. Click to accept.
- A preview of the clipping is displayed here.
- Annotation title
- Annotation body
- Annotation tags
- Use the dropdown to add more tags
- Existing annotations are displayed below.